- Mom looks at her daughter's messy room, "Wow! You can definitely win an award for the cleanest room!"
- The weather is terrible, "Oh what a lovely day we're having!"
- The child, who hates broccoli, gets broccoli on his plate, "Awesome! I love eating broccoli!"
3 Examples of Situational Irony
- A cop arrests someone for shoplifting, later that day, that cop shoplifts and never gets busted.
- A firefighter dies in a fire.
- A professional swimmer dies by drowning.
3 Examples of Dramatic Irony
- The audience knows that Juliet's death was a fake, Romeo did not.
- Watching a movie, you see the killer trying to capture the main character before he even notices.
- On a TV show, a man thinks he is on to only be applauded for his military service, when really he's on there to see his brother after many years of not seeing him.